Monday, February 12, 2007

Goodbye, Gem Show 2007 :-(

Well, the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show is done for another year. Last week, I did manage to make it to the Holidome show, one of my favorites. My friend Warene was in town for the Gem Show; I took her along to this wholesale only show. There are showrooms inside of the Holiday Inn Holidome and in massive tents south of the hotel. We went to the tents. Primarily we were seeking findings, silver, leather, cording, wire and tools. We were somewhat conservative in our purchases, since this was our last stop for 2007. My major purchase was some sterling silver pendants and beads for new jewelry. I also purchased some less expensive stone and glass beads for wind dancers.

On Sunday (the last day of the show), NPR did a story about the Gem Show. Personally, I think the Gem Show should have been featured during the week. (I'm sure one of the many car-bombing stories could have been replaced with the tutorial from Tucson on how to buy gems.) Anyway, check out the NPR story link.

No comments: